- funds and facilitates academic cooperation and exchange between higher education institutions in Flanders (Belgium) and those in developing countries
- aims at building capacity, knowledge and experience for a sustainable development.
- The VLIR-UOS scholarship is particulary designed for people from developing countries with a minimum of professional experience who occupy key or strategic positions at an institution in their native country.
- The opportunities for knowledge application and transfer after the master student returns home are an important scholarship selection criterion.
- Other admission requirements refer to: age, education, motivation, language, gender, financial resources. Only students who are nationals from a country in the VLIR country list can apply. For more details on the application procedure and forms, please consult the VLIR-UOS website.
You will need to follow the correct and complete procedure below:
1. Fill out this preregistration form: fill in name, date of birth, country, etc…
2. If your preregistration is accepted you will receive an e-mail from the O&L secretariat to proceed further (you can expect an answer within two weeks after you submit your pre-registration).
3. In the return email from O&L secretariat, you will receive a link that will redirect you to your electronic application file. Deadline to submit your online application file is February 1.
Administrative formalities prior to your departure: check this page.
Financial requirements: foreign students who wish to study in Belgium should take into account the costs involved.
Interviews with VLIR-UOS alumni: video made by the audiovisual services of Vrije Universiteit Brussel